Saturday, March 20, 2010

My Book Project

As of right now, I'm in the beginning stages of a book project. I really like the story that I have, it has the potential to work as a stand alone book or as a springboard to an entire series. So where am I at now? I have realized that the reason I have never managed to see one of these projects through to completion is because I have been skipping a very important step at the beginning of the process: Outlining!

So I have begun outlining my story, chapter by chapter, hoping that having a nice frame to work within will prevent me from stalling and improve the quality of the story. If I know where I'm going from the beginning, it will limit the amount of things that I make up as I go and save myself a lot of work down the road. At this point, I have outlined twenty-two chapters and imagine that I will probably have about ten to twenty more. Once the outline is finished, I will jump right into writing the thing itself, and I'll be sure to keep you all posted on my progress as I go.

This is all there is to know about the story at this point:
- It has no title yet, and from what I hear, a book rarely keeps it's original title anyway.
- It falls into the adventure/fantasy genre, it involves a quest, danger, and self-discovery, all of the standard things you expect to find, along with a few twists of my own creation that make it unique.
- It will feature a fairly fast paced story with a good bit of action.


Well I should wrap this up and get back to the outlining so I can get this started, looking forward to posting here some more!

~Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment